Terms + Conditions
Welcome to westelm.com.au (“Web Site”), which is operated by Williams-Sonoma Australia Pty Ltd ACN 157917783 (“west elm”). We are part of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands which includes Williams-Sonoma®, Pottery Barn®, pottery barn kids® and west elm®.
Please take a few minutes to review these Terms and Conditions. Your use of the Web Site or purchase of products from us constitutes your agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions May Change
Making a Purchase
Orders and acceptance
When you place an order, west elm will send you a confirmation email with the details of your order. This is not an acceptance of your order. Orders are only accepted when west elm expressly notifies you of its acceptance. west elm reserves the right to accept or decline, in whole or in part, any order placed by you.
west elm will notify you as soon as possible regarding the availability of the products you have ordered. If west elm advises you that a product you have ordered is longer available, your order is automatically declined.
If a product you have ordered is temporarily out of stock, west elm will place that product on back order and supply it when stock becomes available, unless you notify us that you wish to cancel the order which you may do any time before the product is shipped. west elm will advise you of the delay.
Delivery and Risk
west elm will endeavour to deliver products for accepted orders to the shipping address specified in your order on or before any estimated delivery date, including those set out in the Shipping Information Page. of our Web Site. west elm does not warrant or undertake that it will do so.
All risk in the products will pass to you once the products are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order.
Price, additional fees and special offers
Prices are subject to change.
The prices displayed on our Web Site may differ from prices that are available in stores or in catalogues, and our pricing may differ from store to store. All prices quoted on this Web Site include Australian GST (where applicable).
A shipping and processing fee will apply to all shipments of west elm products. These are in addition to the quoted price and can be found on at the Shipping Information Page. of our Web Site. Our shipping and processing charges are intended to compensate west elm for the cost of processing your order, handling and packing the products you purchase and delivering them to you. We encourage you to review detailed information about our shipping and processing fees.
Occasionally we will offer special promotions to our customers that we refer to as “special offers” or “special offer”. This can include a gift with purchase, free shipping, manufacturer offers, or other promotional activity associated with a product purchase. These offers may be for a limited time only.
You must enter your payment details at the time you place your order. However, payments will not be processed until availability of the products you ordered have been confirmed and your order has been accepted. All prices are and payment must be made in Australian currency.
Please not that at the time of purchase, an authorisation hold will be placed on your nominated credit card's available balance to ensure sufficient funds are available to cover the cost of the merchandise purchased. Once a successful authorisation is obtained from your card issuer, the authorised amount becomes unavailable for other purchases and is temporarily blocked.
The amount of time that the authorisation stays on your credit card account depends on the card issuer, the typical timeframe is 7-12 days but can vary. Neither Williams-Sonoma nor our card payment processing partners have any control over this timeframe.
When West Elm has a valid authorisation, the authorised amount shows on statements and status updates (if provided by your card issuer) as 'Pending' (or some other synonymous term used by the card issuer).
If West Elm fulfills the order within the timeframe that your card issuer retains the authorisation for, then you will see the 'Pending' authorisation converted to 'Sale' or 'Confirmed' status (or some other synonymous terms used by the card issuer) on your card statement and status updates (if provided by your card issuer).
If there is a wait time longer than the timeframe that your card issuer retains the authorisation, then the authorised amount should drop off your available balance/credit and becomes available for other purchases.
Please contact your card issuer for further details regarding the authorisation process for your credit card.
Use of Our Web Site
We welcome your comments about our Web Site. However, any comments, feedback, notes, messages, ideas, suggestions or other communications (collectively “Comments”) sent to our Web Site shall be and remain the exclusive property of west elm. By submitting any such Comments, you grant west elm a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, disclose, publish and distribute any material you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way.
For this reason, we ask that you not send us any Comments that you do not wish to license to us, including any confidential information or any original creative materials such as stories, product ideas, recipes, computer code or original artwork.
You further agree that you will not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Web Site any material protected by intellectual property rights owned by a third party. You will be solely liable for any damage resulting from your Comments including any infringement of intellectual property rights, or any violations of rights of privacy, or any other harm resulting from any Comments that you make. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, damages and any other monies owing to any person by reason of any Comments posted by you to or through the Web Site and indemnify us against any costs or expenses that the we suffer or incur as a result of any comments posted by you.
When submitting Comments to or otherwise using the Web Site, you agree not to, without limitation:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (eg privacy) of others.
- Use racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive language.
- Discuss or incite illegal activity.
- Use explicit/obscene language or solicit/post sexually explicit images (actual or simulated).
- Post anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals.
- Post any copyrighted or trademarked materials without the express permission from the owner of such copyright or trade mark.
- Post any person’s name, likeness, voice or biographical information without the express permission from such person (or if that person is a minor, from that person’s parent or legal guardian).
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or any other form of such solicitation.
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Web Site or take any content from the Web Site.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- Alter the opinions, goals, profiles or Comments posted by others on the Web Site.
west elm takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments posted or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter.
This Web Site and all content available on this Web Site are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranty or guarantee except as required by law. The Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth of Australia) may confer rights, guarantees and remedies on you in relation to the provision by west elm of goods and services from the Web Site, which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. west elm does not exclude, restrict or modify those rights. To the maximum extent permitted by law, west elm disclaims all other representations, guarantees, warranties and terms, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties and guarantees of fitness for a particular purpose.
You acknowledge, by your use of this Web Site, that your use of this Web Site is at your sole risk, that you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use of this Web Site, and that west elm shall not be liable for any damages of any kind related to your use of this Web Site.
We understand that warranties, disclaimers and conditions may apply that cannot be legally excluded. Accordingly, in relation to goods and services supplied by west elm, to the fullest extent permitted by law, west elm's liability for breach of any consumer guarantee, which cannot be excluded, is limited at the option of west elm to:
- In the case of services supplied or offered by west elm which are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption (i) the supply of services again, or (ii) the payment of the cost of having services supplied again; and
- In the case of goods supplied or offered by west elm which are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption (i) replacing, or paying the cost of replacing the goods, or (ii) repairing or paying the cost of repairing the goods.
From time to time there may be information on our Web Site or in our catalogue that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and availability. To the extent permitted by law, west elm reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
Any action relating to the use of the Web Site, catalogs or any transaction with west elm must be brought in the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
Copyright 2014 Williams-Sonoma, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
west elm© is a registered trademark of Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
All of the Content on this website is subject to copyright, trademark, service mark, trade dress and other intellectual property rights or licenses held by Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Your use of the trademarks, service marks, trade dress and copyrighted material displayed on this website is strictly prohibited. You may download, print and store selected portions of the Content, provided you (1) only use these copies of the Content for your own personal, non-commercial use, (2) do not copy or post the Content on any network computer or broadcast the Content in any media, and (3) do not modify or alter the Content in any way, or delete or change any copyright or trademark notice. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. reserves complete title and full intellectual property rights in any Content you download from this Web site. Except as noted above, you may not copy, download, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, transmit, transfer or create derivative works from the Content. One or more patents may apply to this Web site, including without limitation, U.S. Patent Nos. 5,528,490; 5,761,649; and 6,029,142.
THIS SITE IS INTENDED FOR USERS OVER THE AGE OF 18.
Last Updated: March 2014
"PIN" means the eight digit PIN printed on the Gift Card;
"Card Number" means the sixteen digit number that appears on your Gift Card;
"Gift Card" refers to either the "phyiscal Gift Card" that you have purchased or received from one our stores: Pottery Barn, pottery barn kids, west elm or Williams-Sonoma OR the "e-Gift Card" that you have purchased or received online from www.potterybarn.com.au, www.potterybarnkids.com.au, www.westelm.com.au or www.williams-sonoma.com.au;
A reference to "we" or "us" is a reference to Williams-Sonoma, Inc., and our brands Pottery Barn, pottery barn kids, west elm and Williams-Sonoma;
We recommend that you read this document carefully before using the Gift Card. If you have any questions or would like more information about your Gift Card, you can call us toll free at 1800 231 380 or visit one of our stores.
Gift Card Inclusions & Exclusions
Both physical Gift Cards and e-Gift Cards may be used for making purchases at Pottery Barn, pottery barn kids, west elm, and Williams-Sonoma stores or online at at www.potterybarn.com.au, www.potterybarnkids.com.au, www.westelm.com.au or www.williams-sonoma.com.au in Australia.
Gift cards cannot be used for purchases by email, phone or fax.
How to purchase Gift Cards
IN STORE: Physical Gift Cards may be purchased at any of our Pottery Barn, pottery barn kids, west elm, or Williams-Sonoma stores in Australia. A minimum of $5.00 and a maximum of $1000.00 can be loaded on each card.
ONLINE: e-Gift Cards may be purchased online at www.potterybarn.com.au, www.potterybarnkids.com.au, www.westelm.com.au or www.williams-sonoma.com.au. A minimum of $25 and a maximum of $500 can be loaded onto each e-Gift Card.
Note: there may be a delay with the Gift Card activating in the system once loaded. During this delay, the Gift Card cannot be used for purchases or transaction enquiries.
Gift Cards cannot be purchased by using a Gift Card.
How to reload the Gift Card
Gift Cards cannot be reloaded. No additional payments can be made to increase the value of the gift card after it is initially acquired.
Purchases with your Gift Card
IN STORE: Select goods in your participating store with a Gift Card or printed e-Gift Card and take them to the point of sale operator. The operator will swipe your card or scan the e-Gift Card barcode.
You agree that we can reduce the Remaining Card Value by the value of all purchases of goods and services that are authorised by you.
ONLINE: Enter the Card Number and PIN on your Gift Card at checkout.
The transaction will be completed when the balance has reduced on your Gift Card. No change will be given: any remaining balance on the card can only be used in whole or part against future purchases.
You agree that we can reduce the Remaining Card Value by the value of all purchases of goods and services that are authorised by you.
Transactions are authorised by you by:
- giving your Gift Card to the point of sale operator to be processed at an electronic point of sale terminal at one of our stores in Australia; or
- Entering the details at checkout online at www.potterybarn.com.au, www.potterybarnkids.com.au, www.westelm.com.au or www.williams-sonoma.com.au.
When you authorise a transaction:
- you are confirming that the transaction correctly represents the purchase price of the goods or services obtained; and
- you are agreeing to pay the amount of that transaction by the reduction of the Remaining Card Value.
Purchases exceeding the Gift Card value
Your Gift Card may only be used to make purchases up to the Remaining Card Value. If you wish to make a purchase for an amount that exceeds the Remaining Card Value, you must pay the excess using another payment method. At the time of purchase your credit card will be temporarily authorised for the entire purchase price. You will see this amount as pending on your credit card account for 2-3 business days until the card is billed for the purchase less the value of the gift card.
No cash advances
You cannot obtain any cash advance with your Gift Card or redeem your Gift Card for cash.
Validity and expiry of Gift Cards
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Gift Cards do not expire and can be used for purchases as long as there is a remaining balance.
If you are giving the Gift Card to another person please advise them of the Terms and Conditions that apply.
Re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Cards
Re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Cards is not available unless the Gift Cards are proven to be faulty or damaged as a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of Williams-Sonoma, Inc., or our agents or contractors.
Destruction of Gift Card with no value
Once the Remaining Card Value is completely used, destroy your card by cutting it in half diagonally. Your Gift Card cannot be reloaded.
Lost or stolen Gift Cards
Treat your Gift Card like cash. Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced or refunded.
Checking your Gift Card balance and transaction history
You can check your card balance, expiry date and transaction history at any time in-store or online, or you can call toll free on 1800 351 882. For balance enquiries by phone, you will be required to enter both the Card Number and PIN on your Gift Card or e-Gift Card prior to getting access to the card information.
Can I exchange my Gift Card?
You cannot exchange your Gift Card for a different brand, design, denomination or type of Gift Card or for another tender, cash or discount.
Can I cancel my Gift Card?
No, you cannot cancel your Gift Card.
Exchanging items purchased with a Gift Card
Goods that are purchased solely or in part with a Gift Card may be exchanged or returned subject to our return policy.
Your Gift Card, your responsibility
You are responsible for the use and safety of your Gift Card. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Card, except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence by us or by any of our employees.
Privacy and confidentiality
Errors and complaints
If you have reason to believe that an error has occurred in relation to your Gift Card, you can call us toll free at 1800 231 380.
Goods or services
Any complaints about goods or services purchased with a Gift Card must be resolved directly with the store concerned.
All e-Gift Cards are managed by our partner CashStar. For further terms and conditions, see https://williams-sonoma-inc-au.cashstar.com/about/terms_and_conditions
Royal Auto Club Membership
- To redeem your discount in store, simply present your RAC Membership Card to an associate. Only available in Western Australian store locations (currently Pottery Barn Perth, Pottery Barn Kids Perth and west elm Perth).
- To redeem your discount online, you must be logged in to that brand’s website with your RAC Membership Number and customer account information via our RAC Member Program page.
- Online orders from one brand cannot include products from other brands.
- 10% off full-priced items: Valid on full-priced items (excluding electrical appliances at Williams-Sonoma) online and in WA stores only. Discount does not apply to gift cards, gift wrap, delivery charges or previous purchases. Cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions, promotion codes or discounts (including New Mover and Trade programs).
- Extra 5% off sale items at Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids and west elm. Valid in WA stores and online on “prices as marked” items only. Discount does not apply to gift cards, gift wrap, delivery charges or previous purchases. Cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions, promotion codes or discounts (including New Mover and Trade programs).
- 5% off electrics & clearance items online at Williams-Sonoma: Valid on full-priced electrical appliances and clearance items (with prices ending in $0.95) only. Online only. Discount does not apply to sale items (limited-time promotions), gift cards, gift wrap, delivery charges or previous purchases. Cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions, promotion codes or discounts (including New Mover and Trade programs).
- In instances where a greater discount than your RAC Member Program discount is available (e.g. limited-time promo codes, special offers), you are welcome to take advantage of those offers in store, or online by logging out of your customer account and using the “checkout as a guest” option at checkout. For assistance, contact our Customer Care team.